What can the public do to help with storm water management?
- Plant native trees and vegetation
- Volunteer for clean up or with an environmental organization
- Do not dump into the storm drains, these drains lead directly to our streams & lakes.
- Install a rain barrel at your rain spouts or direct downspouts to lawn areas
- Construct a rain garden
Click on the link below for more information:
PA Department of Environmental Protection
Southeast Regional Office
2 East Main Street
Norristown, PA 19401
In case of environmental emergency, please call or visit website:
United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Illicit Discharge To Storm Drains
To help keep our local water bodies clear and clean you can do your part by helping the Ontelaunee Township identify illicit discharge or pollution entering the stormwater system.
Things not to put down the storm drains are: motor vehicle fluids, household hazardous waste, grass clippings and leaf litter and animal wastes.
If you see anyone dumping something into a storm drain, please call 610-655-4911. This is a 24/7 number that you can call to report a violation.
MS4 Steering Committee
* All MS4 documents are available at the township office upon request.